Corsham Town Football Club was formed in 1884 and affiliated to the Football Association in 1893, with one of the earliest games on record being against the local village of Chapel Knapp. Most of Corsham's history has been lost in the midst of time and as yet no one has carried out any thorough research into the club's past.
One thing for certain, is that Corsham's history has had many high and many low moments, this trend having been evident right up until recent years.
Before moving to the clubs present home at the Southbank, Corsham played on an area of land adjacent to the present-day Recreation Ground. After the Second World War council houses were built on the pitch and after missing out on a chance to relocate to the Grove Field, opposite the cricket ground, Corsham Town Football Club was relocated to their present site, which is leased from The Methuen Estate.
Until recent years the only glory Corsham had experienced in living memory was their Wiltshire Senior Cup victory in 1976. They also won promotion to the Wiltshire County League Division One in the same year. The years preceding and following this successful season were spent travelling up and down between the two senior county leagues. Each time Corsham looked like building a successful squad players would be tempted to join the neighbouring Western League clubs of Chippenham, Melksham, Calne, Devizes or Westbury.
In 1997 the decision was made to apply to the Western League and, although going out of both cup competitions early in the season, the dream was realised when Corsham lifted the Wilts League Championship for the first time in the known history of the club.
Our Roll of Honour [here]
Western League record [here]